Check Mate :: Plaid Boxy Coat & Floppy Hat

Monday, November 17, 2014 Simone - Your Style Architect 10 Comments

Hi everyone.

Spent the last couple of days playing around with trial videos to learn how to edit them, add music and captions, but more importantly to be able to make a video that reflects ME ! Research is always important and whilst I was trawling through Youtube ( I will be honest to admit I hardly go onto Youtube to watch Vlogs) something disturbing popped up and now it's making me think twice.

I will get to that bit later on in this post but in the meantime, as you have seen from my last post - I am beginning to enjoy trending hats. So here's another Fall / Winter  look you could be inspired with.



Was one of those mornings where you dress for warmer weather and suddenly it starts to get cloudy and windy. So threw on this boxy coat and wore my trusted wedge sneakers from Zara to keep warm. Not forgetting a nice floppy hat to keep the hair in place and my head warm from the chilling winds.


This Fall / Winter 2014, I have been gravitating towards Boxy Jackets and Coats. Something about this structure that gives a little element of that runway feel to outfits otherwise simple or lame if paired with a regular cardigan.


Always been a lover of adding red accents to black, so no surprise this time with my YSL inspired bag that I nicked off my mom some years back and another beloved item from my closet ( which you probably have noticed me trending a few times in my blog) - my Rue 21 jeans for US$ 10!!




Top : Cotton On ( similar here) // Jeans : Rue 21 ( similar here) // 
Coat : EG Fashion ( similar here) // Sneakers : Zara ( similar here) // 
Bag : YSL inspired (similar here)// Scarf : gift ( similar here)// Ring : Old (similar here)

So back to my initial fears about starting to Vlog or do Youtube videos. You see, whilst researching how others edit their videos or simply learning how to Vlog, I came across particularly  two very successful and inspiring Vloggers - Eleventhgorgeous and Zoella who I thought are so good in what they do and obviously they are so down to earth people that resulted in their many subscribers or followers.

Unfortunately just of late, they have been " victimised" if I can use that word, from hate comments and people who simply perhaps are jealous of their successes and either getting Youtube to strike them ( as in the case of Eleventhgorgeous) or for Zoella, where she was put down by many horrid hate comments resulting in her breakdown and having to take time off from Vlogging. This is utterly sad because even as a new follower of Vlogs, I personally enjoyed their videos and each and everyone of their videos had their own personality coming through. They were not fake nor trying too hard or got overwhelmed by their sponsors that their vlogs became simply another ad for a product. I will be honest to admit some of their videos were even good Pick Me Ups for those gloomier days. My take on on all this is that, if you do not like their style / personality or what they are doing - just DON'T FOLLOW them or view their Vlogs. SIMPLE!! What do you gain by continuing to view their videos, and then only to leave hate comments? 

So with that said, I am concern to be " exposed" in that manner but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Blogging and soon to be Vlogging, will always be a hobby I enjoy and seriously, if you do not like my style or what I have to say - then please move on. 

Till then, for my great supporters, do continue to keep your positive comments, requests and don't forget your final entries coming in for the Michael Kors US$ 300 Gift Card Giveaway and  do watch this space for the next exciting giveaway coming your way soon.

Love,
Simone xoxo

Get this look for $196+ on Lookastic: Black Hat, Red Leather Tote Bag, Black and White Plaid Coat, Red Skinny Jeans, Black Suede Wedge Sneakers, and Red Scarf

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. Yeah! I agree. do what you love. and for those who don't appreciate it, then move on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Taylor Swift says, "haters gonna hate" I think you have great style girl!!! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. It certainly means a lot. Hope you enjoyed the video.

      Delete
  3. You have a gorgeous style! Love those sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @Inge Speemans. They are remarkably very comfortable too.

      Delete
  4. Zara sneakers never fail to impress! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet!! And surprisingly very very comfy eventhough they are wedged.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Indeed! You will see my trend this particular hat lots this winter!

      Delete